Compiled by Jeroen Nijhof.
Please let me know if you find any errors, or if you know of a link that should be included!
Please let me know if you find any errors, or if you know of a link that should be included!
- Accordions Folk and MIDI is a music shop in Repton, NSW, (half-way between Sydney and Brisbane), owned by Christiaan Dolislager. Trade, tuning and repairs, and accordion lessons in their music studo. Christiaan Dolislager also plays at functions, mainly French Musette and gypsy jazz on the piano accordion and 'C' system chromatic. Phone: 0412 362 307.
- Steva Albini is an accordionist, guitarist and singer from the San Francisco Bay Area. He has performed all over the US and Italy, and performs regularly all over the Northern California wine regions. He as recorded a cd "Italia" with jazzy Italian standards. Steve Albini's myspace page.
from Hamilton, Ohio,
plays rock, pop, alternative and dance music on
accordion, live synthesizer, drum machine and voice.
- Italian accordionist Fabio Alderighi [Flash site] plays and composes international ballroom and concert music. The CD Fabio Alderighi: El Primero is for sale at musicforaccordion.com.
- Jack Amoroso from Sweden (but from Canada originally)
from Vanderbilt, Michigan,
provides entertainment on accordion or MIDI keyboard, with
show tunes, polkas or sing-alongs. He also gives accordion lessons.
- Paolo Bagnasco () hails from Novi Ligure, Italy. He plays with the Orchestra Franco Bagutti, and has recorded a number of solo albums.
- Andy Bakke from St. Augustine, Florida, a.k.a. AccordionMan, was a full time entertainer, until health problems interfered. He played both solo and with an Oktoberfest band, "Andy and the Oompahs". On AccordionMan's International MIDI pages he has a collection of German, polka, Scandinavian, Italian, etc. MIDI tunes. He has also got pages with mp3 files and videos now. An Andy Bakke biography
from York, England, plays a range of styles, and has
written guide books on various MIDI modules especially for accordionists.
He also teaches accordion and MIDI accordion.
- Wolter Beltrami (1922 - 1999)
- "One man big band" Chuck Berger from Portland, Oregon, has been a professional performer for 40 years. His repertoire consists of the big band sounds of the 40s, through music of the 70s and 80s. He also repairs accordions.
accordionist and humorist
(1939 - 1996),
the self-proclaimed "King of the Stomach Steinway"
and founder of the Cotati Accordion Festival.
- Janet Borelli from Paxton, Massachusetts plays accordion in Italian (or Scandinavian) trio "Mixed Grille", in a duo with her husband Lou on trumpet and other wind instruments, Dixie land in the Black Sheep Jazz Band, in Schwarze Schafe (Black Sheep) German Band and Jolly Kopperschmidts, or solo.
- Jeroen van den Bosch is an accordionist, accordion repairer and accordion teacher from Oosterhout, the Netherlands
from the UK has played all over the world, on board the QE2, on various
US tours, etc.
She also has a music school, and she is active in the NAO
(the National Accordion Organisation of the United Kingdom).
- Tom Brown is a MIDI accordionist from Dearborn, Michigan. He plays for parties and weddings: Italian, Polish, German, Irish, English, Swing, Disco, Latin, etc. He has also recorded some 39 CDs.
- Mario Bruneau () is a professional accordionist and accordion and piano tuner from Montreal, Quebec. He plays musette, French chansons, jazz and Quebecois music. He is also the Canadian representative for Accordions Worldwide.
is a professional accordionist from Orlando, Florida,
who has played several years as a full time musician/entertainer with
Disney MGM Studios. He performs both solo and with a band, in various
styles: Italian, German, French, Irish, Dixie, Old Standards, etc.
He has got a new CD out, "Versatility of Jim Bubaloni"
- Peer van der Burgh () from Leiden, the Netherlands, plays in a variety of genres: shanties and Irish ballads, musette, international and Dutch repertoire, and swing. Apart from his solo efforts, he also plays in Kees Ouwejan en Makkers
- Under the moniker "Accordeall" Geert-Jan van der Burgt () from Wageningen, the Netherlands, offers entertainment: Cajun/Tex Mex/Zydeco, French and Italian, tango, Klezmer, and classical styles.
Frank Busso, Jr
is an entertainer, instructor and arranger based in the northeastern
He performs solo and with the Busso Trio, and is a member of the
Air Force Strings.
- Bob Cantin from Fairview, Texas, plays in the Midlife Crisis Band.
- Carlo e Alessandra () is a duo from Italy, with Carlo Fortunato on accordion (piano and diatonic), bandoneon, piano and keyboards, and Alessandra on vocals (I've got the impression that Carlo collects and repairs old accordions as well).
from Rotterdam, the Netherlands is named after night cafe
"de Cascade". They play songs from Rotterdam, but also other
Dutch (and some English) songs.
- Roland Cedermark () is a popular Swedish accordionist who has sold over 2 million records. A Wikipedia entry for Roland Cedermark ()
- Kim and Dan Christian from Colorado Springs have performed throughout the United States. Both teach as well.
from Leewood, Kansas
("Music with a smile")
has a wide ranging repertoire. She also gives workshops on how to
be a professional accordionist.
- Raymond Chuchuk from Musselburgh, East Lothian, Scotland, started playing the accordion at the age of 10. His repertoire includes light orchestral music, big band, old time and Scottish traditional dancing. He entertains tourists at many of Scotland's hotels, and he plays for Scottish traditional and Old Time and Modern Sequence dance.
- Accordionist and keyboard player Cliff () from Belgium is a one man orchestra. He plays for old people's homes, parties, festivals, etc., and he has released 4 accordion CDs.
The professional career of
from East Syracuse, New York,
spans over four decades. Nowadays he plays a Petosa AM-1100 MIDI accordion.
- Bernadette Conlon, born 1978, is Australia's most popular concert accordionist. She has won the Australian Champion 8 years in a row, and she has played solo concerts in Germany, Austria, and England. Apart from a classical accordionist, she is also virtuoso entertainer, with a huge international repertoire, including Australian, Austrian, French, tangos, show tunes, etcetera. She has taken part in a recording of a CD with compositions of Australian composer Michael Easton.
- Virtuoso entertainer Dick Contino. A Dick Contino profile at Petosa. Another Dick Contino. profile.
of Wiltshire, England, offers a wide range of
styles and nationalities, either gently amplified background or
serenading your guests at their table.
- American accordion entertainer Louis Coppola is the leader of "Stereo Strings", which offers a wide range of services, from strolling musicians to chamber ensembles.
- The Strolling Strings is an entertainment agency from Washington DC, founded by accordionist Rose-Marie Coppola.
has a repertoire that includes waltzes, tangos, and polkas,
many of his own composition. The sheet music for some of them has
been published by Bèrben.
- Eddy van Damme () from Almere, the Netherlands, plays for weddings and parties. He has studied at the Sweelinck Conservatorium in Amsterdam.
- Silivo De Pra
from Phoenix, Arizona,
is a One Man Orchestra, playing the Iorio Midi Accordion and vocals.
He plays and sings standards and favorites of the last 100 years, and
he is director of the Arizona Accordion Band.
- Italian-American accordionist Guido Deiro (1886-1950), the older brother of Pietro Deiro, was the first accordionist in the United States to use the piano accordion.
- The DeLuxe Vaudeville Orchestra from Atlanta is led by accordionist Rodger French, a.k.a. Lenny DeLuxe. Apart from an accordionist and percussionist, he is also a juggler and a clowning instructor! The DeLuxe Vaudeville Orchestra is a variety show band, with "one foot in the 30's and one foot on Mars". Each member of the orchestra is not only a musician, but also a variety entertainer. The music ranges from tangos, show tunes and music of the Swing era to contemporary music. Rodger French also regularly plays (or rather, played) with Western Music band Cowboy Envy.
Peter Di Bono
from San Francisco has played for all kinds of people,
including the governor of California and Prince Charles and Lady Camilla.
He has also performed as a guest soloist with various symphony orchestras.
He'l play classical and jazz, German, Italian, French and many other styles,
both solo or in a duo or ensemble.
He also teaches, at the CMS Community Music Center and privately.
- Mario Pedone was born in Italy, studied accordion in Venezuela, and now lives in Sugar Land, Texas. He has released various CDs with amongst others Italian, Swedish and Colombian music. He also teaches, and many of his former students are now playing professionally.
- Accordionist and mandolin player David DiGiuseppe from Chapel Hill, North Carolina, plays both solo and with an ensemble, including music from Celtic, French, Italian or American traditions. He also presents family and educational shows of songs and stories. He also plays in contra dance bands FootLoose and Contrazz, both of which perform throughout the US for dance festivals and dance weeks.
from LLandudno, Wales
- Roberto Enzo, who was born in Venice, Italy, started playing the accordion when he was 4. He studied with maestro Elio Boschello of Mirano (Venice) from 1971 to 1978, and won various competitions, amongst others the first prize in the Junior category of the 1975 Coupe Mondiale. In 1989 he moved to Scotland, where he settled East Kilbride near Glasgow. He is a full time musician with an average of 320 concerts and entertainment evenings per year (!), and his repertoire ranges from classical to jazz, modern to pop music, He mostly performs in restaurants in and around central Scotland, but also in England and occasionally as a guest at international accordion festivals playing his Roland digital accordion.
- Swedish accordionist and keyboard player Pierre Eriksson
from Rotterdam, the Netherlands, performs solo and also in trio
- Bob Fantone from Long Beach, California, specializes in Italian, French and European music, jazz and "standards."
- Accordion duo Fascination, Cees Klarenbeek en Grietje Stamhuis, from the Dutch province Friesland, play in traditional Frysian costume. They play folk songs, golden oldies, top-forty songs and even house music.
English virtuoso accordionist
Pearl Fawcett Adriano
became C.M.A. Trophée Mondiale world champion in Hamburg, Germany
in 1961. Her repertoire
ranges from the classics to light music, French Musette and continental.
She has performed classical concerts and recitals in the UK, the former
USSR and Europe, and with her lighter program she has appeared on various
BBC radio and TV shows.
She has made various recordings, which are for sale on musicforaccordion.com.
- Lenny Feldmann, a.k.a. the CordeenMan is a professional accordionist and MIDI orchestra from Southfields, New York, playing ethnic, popular, standards and jazz. He has also been an adjucator at various AAA and ATG festivals.
- The Sussex Accordion Academy of Music of Worthing, Shoreham and Eastbourne is run by Gennaro Fiondella. Individual and class tuition is available. Gennaro Fiondella is also available for performances in restaurants etc., concerts and seminars
is a solo artist who plays keyboards, piano accordion, and organ.
He providing a wide range of music for events large or small,
including dancing, 'big band', jazz, and classical music.
- Sorin Ghita is an accordion entertainer from Romania, who has played in hotels and on cruise ships in amongst others Japan, Turkey and Greece. He plays both solo and in duo "Cocktail Music Band" with violinist Florin Nedelcu.
- Gigmasters is an online directory/booking service for live music and entertainment -- you can select musicians and bands by instrument (including accordion), genre and (US) location.
from Edensor Park, New South Wales, Australia, can play just about any style:
Pop, rock, ethnic, Old Time, ballroom, easy listening, etc.
Enzo Giribaldini's Accordion Course for Beginners
is an e-book (downloadable, of course), incorporating sound and video.
He has recorded a CD,
Enzo Giribaldi: My favourite songs,
which is available for sale from musicforaccordion.com.
- Waylon van der Heijden, a.k.a. Dj Goldfinger, from Best, Noord-Brabant, the Netherlands, plays party dance music on his MIDI accordion. (formerly he also played under the moniker of "Waylon Moore")
- Accordionist, keyboardist etc. Jerry Goodman from Concord, North Carolina performs both solo and in the various bands that he leads: the Jerry Goodman Group (a variety band), The Gootmon Sauerkraut Show Band (German), Mucho Mariachi (Mexican), Caribean Breeze Band (island music), Bon Ton Playboys (Cajun), and The Lil' Dixie Jazz Band (Dixieland). Besides, he teaches accordion, for over 30 years, in his studio in Concord.
from Bad Bernek, Germany,
performs under the name of Bolle Piton:
meditative services, jazz brunches, French evenings, etc.
He also teaches at the Music School Bad Bernek.
- Joseph P. Grima from Malta plays acoustic and midi accordion for anniversaries, weddings, conventions, tourist activities etc.
- Ady Gugu is a multi-instrumentalist and band leader of musical entertainment trio "Café Concerto Strings".
Organist, accordionist, pianist, bandleader and tv/radio personality
from San Francisco.
He has got his own weekly TV jazz show on MCTV.
Jon Hammond CDs
can be ordered from musicforaccordion.com.
- Dutch professional busker Thijs Hanrath has played in the Netherlands, all over Southern Europe and in Latin America. On his web site he has got amongst others pictures of accordionists/buskers, MP3 files for some 40 tunes, and some accordion poems
- Rolf Harris is an Aussie entertainer, artist and TV presenter living in England, best known for 'Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport'. In 2002 he had an accident on stage: his accordion caught fire
from the Netherlands has a wide international repertoire:
Dutch, Austrian, French musette, shanties, etc. Her CD is titled
"from Bach to Beatles".
- Jalene Howse from Pittsboro, Indiana, is a professional accordionist and teacher. She plays solo (usually French or Italian music), with a trio with string bass and violin, and in a German band.
- The International Trio consists of Juha Silfverberg, Julie Silfverberg and Kevin Friedrich, from Finland, the USA and New Zealand respectively (but now all based in the USA). They perform classics, original accordion music, Broadway Show Tunes and popular favorites. The CD The International Trio: In Concert is available from musicforaccordions.com
from the Netherlands plays for receptions, parties, etc.,
with a repertoire including musettes, tangos, latins,
jazz, tearjerkers, etc.
- Jhohans () is a dance band from Hommelvik, Norway, with Joar Endalsvoll and Torstein Hope on accordion and keyboards.
- Maurice Jones
"San Francisco's Favorite Accordion-Playing Lunch Lady"
looks a bit like Dame Edna.
She plays accordion and sings original songs about working the lunch
line, old uncle's arthritis, gambling in Reno -- and about Martha Stewart.
- Kitten on the Keys Suzanne Ramsey from San Francisco sings, and plays piano, ukelele and accordion. She plays classical, Tin Pan Alley, Broadway, Jazz, and in particular punky cabaret. She won the SF Weekly Music Award in the New Genre/Beyond Catagory in 2003, and in 2005 she won best costume at Miss Exotic World in Helendale, CA.
- King Kok plays diatonic accordion in various bands, as well as solo: acoustic pop music and jazz in "Nieuwe Helden", Latin American music in "Los Caminantes", musette, tangos etc. in duo/trio "Loopt Lekker!", and Dutch tear jerkers in "Tante Annie". He also teaches accordion, amongst others at the yearly "Trek er es uut" workshop in Nijmegen.
Dance band Korpus
from Nordby, Norway, with Trine May Aasen on accordion and keyboards.
- Kristian & Jens Peter is a Danish accordion duo consisting of Kristian Rusbjerg and Jens Peter Nielsen. Kristian started off in a duo with Jesper Moller Christensen, and this duo's "Accordion Hits" CD made it to the fourth place of the Danish Album charts. That duo turned into the trio with the addition of Jens Peter, which recorded "Accordion Hits II". Now as a duo Kristian and Jens Peter have recorded a CD "Swedish Accordion Hits", with music by the likes of Evert Taube and Carl Jularbo. They can be booked with and without a rythm section for events, old peoples homes, church concerts, etc.
- Richard Krizan from Paw Paw, Michigan, plays his MIDI accordion as a one man band: Richard's Magic Accordion.
Accordionist and pianist
from Bremen, Germanay keeps himself busy:
with his wife Claudia Giese on flute and vocals
he plays musette and chanson, tango, kezmer, etc;
he plays swing-musette from the 1930s and 1940s.
presents music and poetry from Latin America.
He also performs solo, and he teaches as well.
- Accordionist, pianist, composer and conductor Rune Larsen () has an extensive repertoire: for a charity event he played 24 hours non-stop, without repeating any songs. Apart from playing solo, he also plays in "44Tango", "Djiromansa" and "Rio de Trokones".
- Dino Leone is a professional accordionist and teacher from the Montreal (Quebec) area. He performs at conferences, shows and events, and teaches private courses and workshops.
from the San Francisco Bay Area
plays solo and also heads several bands with her
accordion and vocals, including German, Polish, Ukrainian, Russian,
East European Rom (Gypsy), Celtic, Klezmer, Israeli, French,
Scandinavian, Romanian, Balkan, and Italian music.
Her Folkloric Productions booking agency can book musicians, singers and
Nada Lewis also teaches accordion and ensemble classes.
- Domenic Livoli from Upton, Massachusetts, plays (midi) accordion and keyboard music for all occasions, in Massachusetts and surrounding states. His repertoire includes big band, show tunes, easy listening, dance music, holiday music and in particular Italian favourites.
- Ginny Mac is a a singer/songwriter/musician from Fort Worth, Texas. She loves Country and Western music, Jazz, and Big Band classics, but enjoys playing all kinds of music. She is available as a vocalist and/or musician for concerts, parties etc., as a soloist, in a small group, or in a full band.
"Scotland's international entertainer".
He was born in Scotland but he now lives in Katoomba, Australia.
John MacDonald CDs
can be ordered from musicforaccordion.com.
- Emilio Accordions, owned by Emilio Magnotta from Stamford, Connecticut, sells new and used accordions and does accordion repairs. He also performs professionally in the NY-metro region, at weddings and events.
- Singer and accordionist Joe Martino from Bloomingdale, Illinois, performs Italian and American standards for audiences around the globe
with Humberto Domingues on keyboards, accordion and vocals
is a five piece Portuguese band from Toronto, Canada.
They play Portuguese, English, Spanish, and Italian music on weddings
and social events.
- mix2max, is a duo from the Eichstätt region of Germany (formerly named Zwoaraloa), with Manfred Kaierle on synthesizer, accordion, piano and vocals and Martin Kurtzinger on percussion and vocals.
- Waylon Moore () has recorded a CD "Fiesta d'accordeon", produced by his father, fellow accordionist Anton van der Heijden.
from Shirley, Massachusetts, plays Italian, Irish, and French music,
sing-along, and many other styles.
- Jean-Louis Noton.
- Franciscus Nouws, a.k.a. Zahi from the Netherlands is a singer, pianist, accordionist and entertainer. His repertoire includes love songs, rock and roll, Jazz standards, Dutch songs and children's songs.
is firmly part of the accordion establishment in the USA.
He was a student and friend of Pietro Frosini, and
would often fill in for him during his many radio broadcasts.
And he was a founding member of the American Accordionists' Association,
and he has been President of the Accordionists and Teachers Guild,
Currently he resides in Basking Ridge, where he owns an accordion shop
and accordion repair workshop.
- Roy P. Olsen from Sarpsborg, near Oslo, in Norway, has been a full time music entertainer for many years, both at sea and on land. He plays Swing, evergreens, folks, and norwegian popular music.
- Orpheus Gosh is a street performance unit from Tokyo, with Hitoshi Washizu on cello and keyboards and Dan Kumasawa on accordeon and vocals. They play mostly their own music, for school festivals, Christmas street parties, weddings, etc. Also information about accordionist Bankyu Kaneko.
is a dance band from the San Diego area, led by accordionist
They play the ballroom forms of swing, foxtrot, latin, waltz,
rock n' roll, jazz, bebop, line-dance music, and polka.
- Serguei Pachnine from Surrey, England, is available country-wide for French Cafe Music, as well as East European and Russian music, klezmer, etc.
- Entertainer and musician Tim Padilla from Norco, California plays at the Champagne Theater in Branson, Missouri, and in the live touring Welk Show. He also plays rock music in his band Rock-a-Bellows. A myspace page for Tim Padilla
Entertainer, accordionist and singer
from Paris plays and sings musette music,
either solo, in a duo or in a band.
- Accordionist Henk Lippens from Amsterdam, the Netherlands, plays in I Pazzi, which is available as a trio, duo or solo. Their music is well suited for festive occasions and theatre, and can include amongst others Italian music, French Musette, Klezmer, and songs.
- Italian accordion entertainer Ivano Pescari () has appeared on Italian TV, and recorded five CDs.
and the Love Saints, from Austin Texas,
with Debra on piano and accordion, plays Texan country, cajun and zydeco.
The band can be booked as anything from solo up to a six piece band.
Debra Peters also teaches accordion and piano in Austin.
- Peter Piccini from Australia has appeared on radio (since the age of 15) and TV, and worked in the USA, Vietnam and in various countries in Europe. His recording carreer stretches back to 1958. In 2001 he released a CD "Cool Change", with his Jazz trio. Sheet music for some 50 of his compositions are for sale at musicforaccordion.co m, as well as 5 Peter Piccini CDs
- Peter Piccini Snr (1900 - 1989) emigrated from Italy to Australia in 1922. There he started a long career as the first solo accordionist with the Isador Goodman orchestra, appearing in Tivoli Variety Shows in Sydney and Melbourne, in the film Strike Me Lucky, and broadcasting on national and commercial radio.
Italian accordionist and orchestra leader
- Raffi, described as "the planet's leading children's entertainer"
- Bobby Raye (1938-2008) was an accordionist and entertainer from Reading, Pennsylvania, He played over 6000 shows and 600 cruises throughout the world.
- Eric de Reijer () from Utrecht, the Netherlands, plays French musette, Italian film music and Dutch repertoire. He is also involved in acrobatics theatre and children's theatre, and he he teaches adults, both beginners and advanced.
- Duo Retro Reeds from Merritt Island, Florida, consists of Ed Czarniak and Celia Williams. They play songs from the 40s, 50s and 60s -- Italian, German and French, along with American Standards. Youtube videos by Retro Reeds
was the youngest competitor ever in the Coupe Mondiale at the age of 13.
In 2004 he released a solo CD, "Beneath the Stars",
featuring a number of his original accordion compositions.
He also performs in a duo with Danny Zapata on percussion,
"Fresh Squeeze", in the Niagara region and around the world.
- Accordionist and band leader Donald Ross from London has founded various "themed" bands: Scottish Reeling and Ceilidh band The Highlanders, which consists primarily of ex-BBC musicians; and Italian, French, German, Russian bands and the " Don Ross Easy-Listening Ensemble".
- The Rossano & Anna Band () [uses flash for navigation] from Verona, with Rossano Mancini on accordion, play music for dancing and for entertainment: covers of Italian light music and Latin American artists, as well as their own compositions. After filling in a form you can download free songs, sheet music and background tracks for accordion.
is a professional accordionist/vocalist currently living in the
North East of England.
His main line of work is entertaining holidaymakers at hotels,
and he also appears at festivals, accordion clubs, etc.
Besides, he als repairs all makes of accordions, including MIDI
instruments, and he teaches.
- Sören Rydgren () from Hälsingland, Sweden
- Russian bayan player Nikolai Ryskov studied at the Gnessin Academy in Mosic between 1984 and 1988 and at the Russian Academy of Music from 1988 to 1994. In 1995 he moved to England, where he now lives in London. He has a large repertoire of classical music, international popular music, French musettes and Russian folk music, and he can provide music for weddings, parties etc., either solo or in various ensembles. He also teaches piano and accordion.
is a party band from Groningen, the Netherlands,
with Joop Douma on accordion and vocals.
- Penny Sandborn performs live accordion music for special events and provides private accordion lessons in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. She performs both solo and with other musicians on vocals, guitar and bass, and her repertoire includes French Musette, Italian, tango and standards.
- Alexander Shirunov from Nikolsk, Russia, started studying at the St. Petersburg Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatory of Music in 2002. He has won various prizes at international competitions, amongst others first prizes in 2005 at Castelfidardo and at the Coupe Mondiale in Castelo Branco. His CD Alexander Shirunov: Absolute is for sale on musicforaccordion.com
Betty Jo Simon
from Overland Park, Kansas,
performs as a soloist throughout the United States and currently leads
a German polka band called
She enjoys performing classical music the most, but she loves the
schmaltzy stuff too and still likes to play as a strolling musician.
- Ken F. Smith is a harmonica player, accordion player and accordion educator from Canada. He has published an accordion course, and he has recorded a number of CDs and cassettes.
- Joseph Soprani from Philadelphia has been accordion soloist with the USAF Band in Washington, DC, and first accordion soloist with the PA Army National Guard Band "The Adjutant General's Own". He has also played as a solist with the Philadelphia Orchestra under Eugene Ormandy, and with Luciano Pavarotti. Besides, he has taught the accordion for 25 years.
is a trio consisting of a a juggler, a cheap Jack, and accordionist
Laurent Maeder. In other guises, he also plays musette, tangos, etc.
-- also on bandoneon.
- The SoulTownBand from Toronto, Ontario, led by Keyboard player, accordionist and vocalist Jerry Caringi, has been performing at corporate functions, Weddings, Bar and Bat Mitzvahs etc. for over 25 years. Jerry Caringi's myspace page.
- Paul Stein is an accordionst composer, songwriter, and vocalist from New York He's got a collection of almost 500 accordion figurines, including som Chanukah menorahs and Christmas ornaments.
Glenn Sundberg, from Bettna, Sweden, is a full-time entertainer.
- Sylvia Marie (Barber), from (now) San Francisco East Bay Area and worked full time as a professional musician, teacher and salesman until 1990, but after she found a "legitimate job", she has reduced the teaching to one student;. She still plays casuals, though.
- "Accordion Man" Ralph E. Szubski from Cleveland, Ohio, has been playing professionally since 1958.
was born in Italy, raised in France and now lives in New York.
He has won various national and international competitions,
and performs across the US and around the world, both solo and
with his wife, singer Mary Mancini.
He is also currently Second Vice President of the American
- Accordion entertainer Luciano Testani, from Italy, originally, but now living in Carignan, Quebec (near Montreal).
- Janet Todd from Salt Lake City, Utah, performs at accordion festivals and clubs across the United States and Canada. She has recorded one CD, "Accordion Digital Magic" on electronic and acoustic accordions.
All Things Accordion,
located in San Francisco,
buys and sells accordions and sheet music, and can book accordionists.
Owner Tom Torriglia plays in a number of bands,
such as Bellows & Blades -
"the only in-line skating, accordion-playing duo in America."
(and probably in the world).
- John Toscano is a MIDI accordionist from Paraparaumu, New Zealand. He has recorded a CD with accordion evergreens, which is available by mail order.
- Orkest De Traks () from West Flanders, Belgium, consists of Johan Decapmaker on accordion and and Etienne Delporte on drums. They have performed together since 1991.
Accordionist, keyboard player and Hammond organist
from Amsterdam, the Netherlands
[site uses Java for navigation, and Flash for content]
- Accordion duo Two in Accord, consists of Shirley Harvey and Bill Perkins. They are based near Brighton on the South Coast of England, and mainly play in London and the South/South East corner of the UK. They have sheet music available for a number of arrangements for accordion duets.
- Duo Two of a Kind [uses Flash] from the Netherlands, with Manfred Gruzynski on accordion and a lot more, started as buskers. The play Cajun, bossa nova, balkan, blues, opera, etc.
is a duo from Winnsboro, Texas,
consisting of Jessica Faltot and Rebecca Ratliff.
They play a varied repertoire, ranging from traditional classical
music, to light jazz, contemporary music and ethnic pieces.
They competed at the 2005 ATG Championships, in the
Adult Advanced Classical Duet as well as Pop/Standard categories,
-- they won in the latter category.
- Maricarmen Vazquez began performing as an accordionist in 1968; in 1994 she emigrated from Cuba to the USA and began performing at restaurants, private parties, hotels, and television programs, weddings, and the like.
- Grammy award winning accordionist and pianist Joe Vento from Las Vegas has studied with Guido Deiro, Anthony Galla-Rini and Charled Magnante. In 1953 he became a member of pop group The Three Suns. Through his career Joe has made over 1,500 movie, TV and stage appearences. Nowadays he performs mostly at private and corporate events in Las Vegas, but he also tours about 100 days each year.
from the Netherlands
made various street and youth theatre productions,
which combines a percussian carrier cycle with accordion,
and fairy tale
- Emil Zahner from Acapulco plays many styles, including North & South American, Latin, various European styles, and Oktoberfest music.
- Zevy Zions from New Jersey, a student of Charles Nunzio, recorded Olive Blossoms a CD of accordion classics, representing the style popular in the early to mid 1900s; most songs are arranged or written by Charles Nunzio or by his teacher, Pietro Frosini. A review of Zevy Zions: Olive Blossoms
Copyright 2012 AccordionLinks.com.